Cogwheel Connections - Rotary Convention
Are you still on the fence as whether to attend this year’s Rotary International Convention in Atlanta? What are you waiting for?!
- It’s the 100th Anniversary of The Rotary Foundation so it’s going to be a great party!
- It’s a great opportunity to interact with Rotarians from all over the world!
- Atlanta is the closest and least expensive the Convention will be for several years!
- BILL GATES HAS BEEN ANNOUNCED AS ONE OF THE KEYNOTE SPEAKERS! He’ll make comments on how close we are to finishing the job of eradicating polio. Bill Gates doesn’t speak to groups like this often, and it’s a great opportunity to see him speak about Rotary and the good we do! He’ll join many other great speakers, such as Jack Nicklaus and many more.
- WE’RE HAVING A DISTRICT PARTY! We’ve alluded to it before, but now it’s official! District Governor Jim Hunt and myself will be hosting a District Social Event on Saturday late-afternoon from 4:30-6:30 at the Marriott Marquis. This will be a great way for you to get your feet under you and interact with other Rotarians from our District on the Convention’s opening eve.
- The Convention’s preregistration discount ends on March 15th. If you register after that, you’ll pay the $490 that is the same you’ll pay if you register when you get to Atlanta. For more details and registration visit: http://rotary5960.org/showDoc.cfm?pObject=618&pMenuTop=602